- View All
Adjustable Work Platform
Adjustable Work Platforms
Adjustable work platforms can be designed to fit your specific needs. They can be designed to provide capacity for workers, tools and material. These platforms can also be fitted with removable deck sections to allow for irregular or different shapes of products, making this a versatile system. This example is from a company with large, irregular shaped products. They presented LPI, Inc. with the challenge of fabricating an adjustable work platform that surrounds their product and work zone. This platform incorporated removable deck sections to accommodate several different diameter products. The large open center platform allows overhead light and cranes to reach the work surface and provides room for parts and tools in addition to the workers. Utilities such as air and electric, for welding, were incorporated on the platform. This system eliminated the need for repeated scaffold set-up and tear-down allowing personnel to safely and efficiently position themselves at various levels reducing both fatigue and process time.
- Dual mast electric/mechanical work platform:
- (2) screw driven mast assemblies used to position 15’-6” x 18’-8” operator platform
- Vertical travel driven by ball screws powered by electric motor and gear reducer
- Platform equipped with load sensing to remove power if platform is lowered on obstructions
- Lowered platform height 13"
- Raised platform height of 24’
- Adjustable opening in center of platform to provide 360 degree access around part
- Platform Capacity to be 3000# includes personnel and equipment
- Electrical and pneumatic utility connections plumbed to platform
Contact LPI to see how we can make your environment safer and more productive.