- View All
Product videoClick here to watch.
Custom Moving Platform - Material Access
Moving Catwalk Lift w/ Dual Independent Platforms
- Main Fixed Platform Dimensions, 4'-0" wide x 23'-0" long
- Fixed height of main platform 10’-6” above pit floor
- (2) 48” x 24” independent platforms capable of descending 36” below main platform
- Harness attachment points for independent platforms
- Platform travels along wall on fixed rails and floor mounted guide rail
- Access to platform deck via an inclined ladder on one end of platform
- Platform Capacity: 500 lbs.
- Platform travel speed: 40 ft./min.
- Overall weight: 4,000 lbs. (approximate)
- Operator controls will include On/Off, Left/Right movement and Emergency Stop button
- Powered AC motors, 480 VAC, 3 Phase, 15 AMP service delivered by bus bar
- Self Propelled, rail guided platform travels along length of pit system
- 25 ft. main platform deck length with 2 independant platforms to lower worker to product level
- Harness attachment points on platforms
- Electrical or Pneumatic power drives available
- Main control panel for platform movement and independant controls for each descending platform
- Removable Platform Grating for cleaning and maintenance
- Workers can access tops of plates without exiting the platform
- One worker can position platform, separate steel plates and attach lifting lug eliminateing the need for two people to do the job
- Worker security and safety are enhanced by non-slip decking, harness attachment points and access out over the top of product
From ground level, a worker ascends an angled ladder with nonslip treads that is located on one end of the catwalk. Once on the catwalk deck, the operator must move to the middle of the catwalk to access the controls that allow him to move the platform along the length of the pit. Situated near the controls are safety harness attachment points. Once the catwalk has been moved to the desired position along the length of the pit, the operator can step onto one of the smaller vertical platforms and lower themselves down to the level of the steel plates. Hand controls to raise and lower the platform are located on the moving platform along with an emergency stop button. Located at floor level near the access ladder is an additional emergency stop button and OSHA compliant main disconnect and lock-out.
- Fall Protection / Safety
- Material Handling Systems
Contact LPI to see how we can make your environment safer and more productive.