- View All
Man Lift for Aircraft Painting
3-Axis man lifts system enhances work safety and ergonomics while increasing productivity.
3-Axis aircraft man lift engineering enhances work safety and ergonomics while increasing productivity. Designed to carry multiple workers, the aluminum platform design incorporates a tip-down front rail that allows workers, while attached to a safety harness, to access irregular shaped products for sanding, wash and painting processes. The platform is equipped with multiple connection points for process air to run paint systems, breathing air or auxiliary tools and a fluid connection for wash down equipment. The platform offers some unique features starting with the interlocking safety harness system where the operator must have their harness attached to the D-ring, in the platform, in order for the lift to operate. There are also contact bumpers that shut down lift operation if contact is made with the product, to reduce the possibility of damage to the product. Other features include a pendant control box which can be moved about the platform allowing the operator easy control access while working, and movable side guard rails on the tip-down platform section. This type of lift system can travel sideways along a fixed rail system, extend in and out 14’ and elevate up to 28’ above the floor, allowing the operator to position themselves along the entire product and extend out to reach the ends. Ideal for Industrial processes in sanding, washing, prepping and painting of products ranging from aircraft to steel tanks or any large product that requires workers to access multiple areas during their work cycle. Lift systems can be designed to fit specific product access challenges or to incorporate process equipment. Contact LPI to see how we can help you increase safety and productivity.
- Designed for maximum access to fuselage sections during prep and painting operations
- Large platform accommodates two operators and process equipment
- Tip-down front rail allows for extended reach out to 17’-6” from wall of booth
- Raised platform heights to 28’ with higher custom units available
- Main control panel on platform with pendant mounted controls allow operator to move lift when at front of platform
- Pneumatic or electric power options available
- Contact bumper system shuts down movement of lift if bumper makes contact with part
- Allows for full access under, alongside and over top of cylinders
- Tip-down platform can be tipped and used at any angle for ergonomic positioning
- Open front rail design allows operators to access surface of product
- 3-Axis pneumatic, rail guided personnel lift
- Main platform 96” x 44” with tip-down front railing
- Tip-down railing is powered up/down 44” wide x 39” deep
- Platform capacity: 750#
- Main platform control panel plus pendant control panel for operation
- Maximum raised platform height 28'-3"; Lowered height 41”
- Extended reach of lift 13'-4" with tip-down raised and 16’-7” with tip-down lowered
- X-Axis variable speed up to 80 FPM
- Z-Axis 15-18 FPM maximum.
- Y-Axis 10-13 FPM Safety:
- Z-Axis safety latching system to secure lift platform to mast if loss of screw tension is detected
- Optional features include breathing air, process air and process water plumbed to operator platform
Contact LPI to see how we can make your environment safer and more productive.