Scissors Lift with Retractable Tip-Down Platforms
Stationary Scissors Lift with Tip-Down Platform Sections
LPI, Inc. received a request to design and manufacture a pneumatically powered scissor lift platform for fabricating and painting truck cabs before assembly. This custom platform has a unique feature, a self retracting tip-down platform extension on both ends. The system is designed so that the operator's weight is enough to lower the tip-down section for reaching the ends of the cab. Once the operator exits the tip-down section the platform safely returns to a vertical position with a spring and resistance system. This feature allows the operator access to three sides of the truck cab from one platform. The other side of the cab is accessed from another platform on the opposite side, providing total product access. This specialized lift provides ergonomic positioning and increased productivity.
Fixed position platform with manual tip-down platforms:
- Stationary platform is 15’ long by 30# wide
- Manual tip-down platform is 72” long x 24” wide
- Tip-down is manually deployed to access ends of vehicle
- Spring assist with shock damping system retracts tip-down platform
- Parallelogram type side rails deploy when platform is lowered
Contact LPI to see how we can make your environment safer and more productive.