Service Parts Specialist / Field Service Technician
- Do you enjoy DIAGNOSING TECHNICAL PROBLEMS and DETERMINING PROPER SOLUTIONS?
- Do you enjoy HELPING THE CUSTOMER get the MOST out of their EQUIPMENT?
- Do you like to WORK at a FAST-PACE with SHIFTING PRIORITIES and DEADLINES?
If these questions describe YOU, WE WANT TO HEAR from YOU!
As a member of the sales team, you will be engaged with existing and new customers to schedule annual inspections, assist them with diagnosing equipment issues, quoting parts or service calls, and entering the order!
In this role as SERVICE PARTS SPECIALIST-FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN, YOU will MAKE AN IMPACT by:
- Handling customer inquiries and requests via phone and email for parts and service/inspection work to determine needs and scheduling of trips.
- Gathering information from customers on parts needs to communicate and coordinate with Operations, Purchasing and Manufacturing to determine lead time and cost to provide accurate quotes to customers.
- Traveling up to 60% of the time to customer locations to perform service, installation, or warranty work on LPI equipment.
- Following procedures to enter quotes and orders into CRM along with creating and filing Field Service Reports for customers promptly after performing on-site work.
- Providing feedback and recommendations to sales and engineering departments on any product improvements.
- Scheduling and arranging field service/inspection trips, including air, car rental, and hotels, and filing expense reports after trip.
- Coordinating with Sales & Engineering Managers on field projects that require support from additional staff.
What do we need from you as a SERVICE PARTS SPECIALIST-FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN?
- Mechanical aptitude and desire to be challenged with new technologies.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to read schematics/blueprints, and troubleshoot and converse with engineers when working on products/projects.
- Ability and desire to travel nationally, and at times, on short notice.
- Demonstrated capability to work both independently and within team environment while managing multiple assignments.
- Ability and knowledge to use hand tools to perform filed service work.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects months in advance.
What type of Education and/or Experience is needed?
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two year technical college with emphasis on repair and maintenance including pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, controls systems, or a demonstrated combination of technical experience and training.
Contact LPI to see how we can make your environment safer and more productive.