View Our Current Job Openings
Job Summary: Prepare and paint parts and assemblies by grinding, washing, priming, painting or similar activities in compliance to quality standards, drawing requirements and product data sheets. Must work in cooperation with other painters and departments to minimize delays, comply with schedule, meet or exceed standard times, and contribute to the future success of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficient at preparing parts and assemblies by washing or media blasting
- Proficient of applying paint coatings, mixing and managing chemicals while meeting quality and product efficiency standards.
- Able to wear a cartridge style respirator
- Clean, maintain, and repair paint spray equipment
- Clean paint booth and change paint booth filters
- Able to complete wet or dry film tests, recognize colors and surface finish characteristics
- Able to read blue prints and manufacturing drawings/instructions
- Report inconsistencies and/or defects in material, product or equipment
- Able to produce quality parts within in the prescribed time
- Accurately records labor and work order information
- Complete operator equipment and maintenance checklists
- Track and maintain chemical inventory levels/amounts
- Compliant to ISO procedures and standards as required along with PPE and safety program
- Initiates and participates cost and quality improvement projects
- Able to use various hand and power tools as assigned
- Ability to operate forklifts, jibs, and cranes safely
- Required to pass and maintain qualifications for Respiratory Protection Physical, Respirator Fit Test and Pulmonary Function Test
- Able to lift or move up to 40 pounds on a regular basis
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates initiative and strong work ethic
- Attendance and punctuality and dependability required
- Strong problem solving and judgment skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Able to work in both individual and team settings
- Able to plan, organize, prioritize, and multitask
- Works safely and efficiently
- Demonstrates accuracy, promotes quality
- Acts respectfully and professionally
- Ability to calculate basic mathematic functions including ratios, volumes, etc.
- Strong attention to detail
Education and Experience Required
- High school diploma or GED, or 3 months related experience and/or training.
- Previous training or experience in paint application, mixing, and chemical management preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and experiences will be considered.