- View All
Vehicle Maintenance Pit Lift
Pneumatic / Hydraulic Personnel lifts for Vehicle Maintenance Pits
LPI, Inc. was approached to manufacture a vehicle maintenance lift system to be used in the maintenance pits at transit facilities. These areas are typically confined areas with limited lighting and are designated as hazardous atmospheres because vapors from fuel can accumulate in the pits. In compliance with the area classification, LPI, Inc. designed a pneumatically powered hydraulic lift which allows personnel to travel along the length of a maintenance pit, along a fixed guide rail and lift up to access the undercarriage of a vehicle. Access to the undercarriage is needed for both inspection and maintenance on all systems ranging from brakes to fluid changes. The rail guided lift systems can be equipped with explosion proof lights on the sides of the guardrails. This provides cost effective lighting for viewing the undercarriage and components. Since the lift can travel the length of the vehicle maintenance pit, it eliminates the need for fixed scaffold systems that take up floor space. Fluids like grease and oil can be routed to the operator platform with the use of hose reels.
Rail guided maintenance pit lift system:
- Platform dimensions 120” long x 41” wide
- Maximum capacity 1000# with 300# max concentrated load
- Optional tool trays and Explosion Proof auxiliary lighting
- Lowered platform height of 18”
- Raised platform height 84” maximum
- Horizontal speed variable up to 40 FPM and vertical speed is 15 FPM
- 8” x 2” Coated steel wheels for traction and durability
- Fall Protection / Safety
- Ergonomic Positioning
Contact LPI to see how we can make your environment safer and more productive.