Wing Inspection Lift
Used for accessing the wing assembly in an aircraft manufacturing facility.
Wing panel inspection/access platform:
- 30" wide by 36" long operator platform
- Operator platform capacity 300#
- Air/Hydraulic or Electric/Hydraulic power options
- Z-axis raised platform height 9'-9"
- Y-axis (In/out) travel distance 48"
- X-axis travel guided by fixed rail powered drive to move lift left and right along rail
- Holding brake to fix position for inspection process
- Features tool trays and utility connections in operator platform
LPI’s customer, an aircraft OEM, approached us with an application where we had to utilize an existing rail system for movement of a personnel lift along a wing panel for work process and inspection. Both the work process and the inspection process required that the platform be extremely ridged and stable to insure that the work and measurements were precise. The lift is equipped with contact bumpers to shut down lift operation if the platform touches the product. The platform is fitted with interlocks to insure that the platform is retracted when cycling products through the area. The multi-axis lift system provides a safer more effective system than fixed platforms of ladders.
- Fall Prevention / Safety
- Material Handling Systems
- Welding / Assembly
Contact LPI to see how we can make your environment safer and more productive.