- View All
Elevated Platform with Retracting Platform Section
Multi-level Elevated Platform with Retractable Tip-down Platform
- Fixed position platform with two level manual tip-down platforms
- Custom-sized platform with stairs to access main platform deck
- Incorporates a counterbalanced tip-down platform
- Tip down has additional parallelogram section to increase height of main platform
- Used to access tops of locomotives and tankers
- Serrated grating floor to provide drainage and traction
- No power required
- Suitable for outdoor applications
Safety was a huge concern to operators who were faced with climbing on the outside of varying sizes of locomotives in order to fill traction sand tanks. The access port to fill the sand reservoir is located on the top of the locomotive. The operator must manipulate a hose from a sand supply system to the access port and weather is often a factor in this operation especially where ice can accumulate on locomotives. LPI, Inc. designed a fixed position, outdoor, work platform with multi-level counterweighted tip downs and cantilevered sections to provide access to locomotives and tankers. This system does not require any power to operate so it is ideal for remote outdoor locations. Workers are now working safely and saving valuable time as well.
- Fall Prevention / Safety
- Ergonomic Positioning
Contact LPI to see how we can make your environment safer and more productive.